April 21, 2011

Wishing my life away

Did you know that teachers spend more time wishing their days away than people in any other profession??
"Just six more weeks until the next holidays, only a week until the next assessment, just four days left and we go back to school, just 2 hours of sunlight and the weekend is over, just another term and we're done for the year..." What a truly negative way to live... or is that just me!?

Thinking about this has made me want to make much better use of my time, as it occurs, rather than as I anticipate it!
So, we have a new office (and I have a new sewing room!!!!). The little guy needed more space and I needed a big reorganisation, so we swapped rooms. Everyone is pleased with the outcome... I just need to stop calling it "MY sewing room" - Peter suggested he might be able to have the bathroom, as everyone else has their own room but him!

The day bed, or 'Princess and Pea' bed, is waiting for hard rubbish collection to return to it's normal height, however it makes a superb cutting table at present!

And in true holidays form, a bit of family cooking has occurred - cherry cookies for our Easter camping trip.


I have also been collecting reading matter for the break:

  • Captain Freedom - G. Xavier Robillard
  • The Running Man - Micheal Gerard Bauer
  • Why do I need a teacher when I've got Google? - Ian Gilbert
  • The Einstein Factor Quiz Book (for long car trips!)
  • Yummi 'Gurumi - C Haden and M Sala
  • World of Geekcraft - Susan Beal
  • Handmade Nation - the rise of DIY, Art, Craft and Design - Faythe Levine & Cortney Heimerl
I shouldn't be bored, anyway!!

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Easter... We are heading to Halls Gap to spend time with my two lovely brothers and their families. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like your sewing room and the good idea to use the bed as a cutting table:)
    I'm getting hungry looking at the cookies...
    Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete