April 15, 2010

Holiday are almost gone...


But I feel like I've done a little with them. I bought and finished The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. I think this might be the best book I've read this decade! I highly recommend it.

We had a weekend away ( in Hahndorf) and spent time doing all the touristy things - browsing in over-priced shops, eating at bakeries, cafes and authentically German-style pubs!

It was lots of fun, but best of all was finding skeins of this recycled sari silk at a most reasonable price! I've been looking for something nice to make mum a scarf, but hadn't seen anything interesting in the right colours... This fit the bill!


Mind you, I did start crocheting four different scarves before I realised it just needed to be knit in good old garter stitch - it was way too busy otherwise!


I also made another batch of macarons - in the unlikely combination of peanut butter and lemon. They were something else!




3 comments:

  1. Why hello, it's been some time Donna!

    The macaroon photo is great.

    Dad loved that book and has given it to me to read. I should really get a start on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Those Macaroons were DELISH!!!!!! You have inspired me to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh why do the holidays dissapear so quickly? The trip to Hahndorf sounds like a great little getaway.
    The macarons look a treat - I've never heard of PB flavoured ones but they must surely be good! Thanks for the link/tip on getting started on these. I'm sure to give it a go sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete